When buying an option, what does “buy to open” mean?
All “buy to open” means is that you are opening an options trade by buying a call. Once your trade is executed, the call option shows up in your brokerage account. From then on, it will fluctuate in value up and down.
Over time, we will send you an email alert to take profits (or cut losses) by “selling to close” the option. Selling to close will close the trade, and the cash proceeds from selling the option will be deposited in your account.
It’s important to note that in this service, we will only make two types of options orders: “buy to open” and “sell to close.
For more information on options investing, click here to view our primer.
- How To Trade Our Research
- How do I remove my subscription from automatic renewal?
- How do I unsubscribe?
- What is my refund policy?
- How can I the find the expiration date of my subscription?
- Who is Bill Bonner?
- When will I be charged for automatic renewal?
- Does my subscription come with an automatic renewal option?
- How and when will my money be returned to me?
- What is the 5 Minute Forecast?
If you are having trouble and cannot find the information you are looking for, please contact us and we will respond as soon as possible.Contact Us
Each of our publications are delivered at different times. View when you can expect each of our publications to be delivered to you.View Publishing Schedule
- About Agora Financial
- Agora Financial Reserve Memberships
- Credit Card Statement Information
- Emails from Agora Financial
- Exchanges (Coinbase & Bittrex)
- Frequent Investment Questions
- Fund Transfers
- General Crypto Questions
- Getting Started with my Subscription
- My Account Information
- My Privacy
- Need More Help?
- Orders and Payments
- Publications and Editors
- Refund Policies
- Subscription Renewal
- Using the Website
- Wallets (Trezor)