What is an option?
An option is a standardized contract that trades alongside stocks on the major exchanges.
Stock options form the heart of the Income on Demand system — a fact that tends to intimidate new readers. That’s because they’ve been led to believe options are complicated and risky…so they want nothing to do with them. But the truth is options aren’t so tricky once you understand them.
You can use a broker to buy and sell an option just like a stock. And like stocks, the price goes up and down in response to market conditions.
The biggest difference between stock trading and options trading is what you’re trading. Stocks shares, of course, represent part ownership in a company. When you buy a stock, you buy a part of the company. When you sell your stock, you give up that ownership.
Options are a little different. An options contract gives its owner the right, but not the obligation, to buy or sell a stock at a predetermined price by a predetermined date.
Every option covers 100 shares of stock.
You can learn more about the basics of options by clicking here.
An options contract gives its owner the right, but not the obligation, to buy or sell a stock at a predetermined price by a predetermined date.
The predetermined price is called a strike price, and the predetermined date is called the expiration date.
The option’s price — how much the owner paid for it, or receives for selling it — is called the premium.
- How do I log in?
- How do I find what subscriptions I’m currently subscribed to?
- What is Lifetime Income Report?
- How do I unsubscribe?
- Who is Bill Bonner?
- What is the 5 Minute Forecast?
- My ISP (Internet Service Provider) is asking for your IP addresses? Why do they need them?
- I have a Comcast email address. How do I add your email address to my safe senders list?
- How do I remove my subscription from automatic renewal?
- Who is Ray Blanco?
- About Agora Financial
- Agora Financial Reserve Memberships
- Credit Card Statement Information
- Emails from Agora Financial
- Exchanges (Coinbase & Bittrex)
- Frequent Investment Questions
- Fund Transfers
- General Crypto Questions
- Getting Started with my Subscription
- My Account Information
- My Privacy
- Need More Help?
- Orders and Payments
- Publications and Editors
- Refund Policies
- Subscription Renewal
- Using the Website
- Wallets (Trezor)