What happens if an option expires?
After its expiration date, a call or put will cease to exist. If you own an option and it expires unexercised, you no longer have any of the rights inherent in that contract and you lose the premium you paid for it, plus any commissions and fees you incurred at its purchase. You are free to close out a long call or put before expiration by selling it if it has market value.
- How To Trade Our Research
- How do I remove my subscription from automatic renewal?
- Who is Bill Bonner?
- What is Jim Rickards' Intelligence Triggers?
- How do I cancel a renewal of my subscription?
- I have a Comcast email address. How do I add your email address to my safe senders list?
- How do I unsubscribe?
- What is Lifetime Income Report?
- What is the 5 Minute Forecast?
- How can I the find the expiration date of my subscription?
- About Agora Financial
- Agora Financial Reserve Memberships
- Credit Card Statement Information
- Emails from Agora Financial
- Exchanges (Coinbase & Bittrex)
- Frequent Investment Questions
- Fund Transfers
- General Crypto Questions
- Getting Started with my Subscription
- My Account Information
- My Privacy
- Need More Help?
- Orders and Payments
- Publications and Editors
- Refund Policies
- Subscription Renewal
- Using the Website
- Wallets (Trezor)