What about stops on options trades?
We use the stop loss level for the underlying stock because it applies to our option as well. If we get stopped out on the stock, that’s when we recommend you sell your option contracts as well.
Remember, the trailing stops we use are designed to keep us in the trend as long as possible. They give us enough room to the downside that we won’t get stopped out on every little correction without giving us so much room that we’re exposed to a ton of risk.
That said, there’s one little exception to our stop rule that I believe in: There’s never anything wrong with taking less risk.
If you ever feel like you’re exposed to too much risk in a trade, go ahead and take some gains now or use a tighter stop loss price than our official stop — just know that the trend we’re following could still move quite a bit higher after you sell.
Finally, if you’re not getting our options recommendations with your Trend Following trades, it’s because our options strategy is an exclusive add-on for lifetime members. If you’re not yet a lifetime member of Trend Following but you’d like to become one, please call (866) 361-7622 and a member of our customer service team will take care of you.
- How do I remove my subscription from automatic renewal?
- How do I unsubscribe?
- What is my refund policy?
- How To Trade Our Research
- How do I cancel a renewal of my subscription?
- How can I the find the expiration date of my subscription?
- Who is Bill Bonner?
- What is the 5 Minute Forecast?
- How and when will my money be returned to me?
- When will I be charged for automatic renewal?
If you are having trouble and cannot find the information you are looking for, please contact us and we will respond as soon as possible.Contact Us
Each of our publications are delivered at different times. View when you can expect each of our publications to be delivered to you.View Publishing Schedule
- About Agora Financial
- Agora Financial Reserve Memberships
- Credit Card Statement Information
- Emails from Agora Financial
- Exchanges (Coinbase & Bittrex)
- Frequent Investment Questions
- Fund Transfers
- General Crypto Questions
- Getting Started with my Subscription
- My Account Information
- My Privacy
- Need More Help?
- Orders and Payments
- Publications and Editors
- Refund Policies
- Subscription Renewal
- Using the Website
- Wallets (Trezor)