How do I read an options symbol?
Like stocks, options have unique ticker symbols. They help investors identify all of their important information in a few moments. The standard option symbol looks like this:
As you can see, everything you need to know is right there — the underlying stock, the expiration date, the type of option and the strike price. We include that symbol for every recommendation.
But not all brokers use the standardized symbol, so don’t worry if your broker’s website doesn’t recognize the symbol we give. In this case, look for a button on your broker’s webpage to trade options, enter the stock symbol and then look for an “option chain” or a way to manually enter the expiration and the strike price. When in doubt, call your broker to figure out where to find the option you want to sell.
For more, check out the options cheat sheet here.
- How To Trade Our Research
- How do I remove my subscription from automatic renewal?
- Who is Bill Bonner?
- What is Jim Rickards' Intelligence Triggers?
- How do I cancel a renewal of my subscription?
- I have a Comcast email address. How do I add your email address to my safe senders list?
- How do I unsubscribe?
- What is Lifetime Income Report?
- What is the 5 Minute Forecast?
- How can I the find the expiration date of my subscription?
- About Agora Financial
- Agora Financial Reserve Memberships
- Credit Card Statement Information
- Emails from Agora Financial
- Exchanges (Coinbase & Bittrex)
- Frequent Investment Questions
- Fund Transfers
- General Crypto Questions
- Getting Started with my Subscription
- My Account Information
- My Privacy
- Need More Help?
- Orders and Payments
- Publications and Editors
- Refund Policies
- Subscription Renewal
- Using the Website
- Wallets (Trezor)