If the system is working, why am I losing money?
Just because we lost money doesn’t mean it was a bad bet.
You see, we follow a proven process. And we don’t waste our time with what could be the outcome.
Now, you may trade based on predictions of what will happen with biotech stocks. And maybe you’ll get lucky with a good outcome now and again.
But it’s a bad process that will leave you broke over the long term.
When you have a bad process, the odds are you’re going to have far more bad outcomes than good over time.
Think about playing blackjack…
Basic strategy says you shouldn’t ask for another card if you’re dealt a 17. If you follow that process, you’ll do well over the long haul.
Now, if the dealer pulls a 4, you’ll have won the hand with a 21. But you got lucky.
You won with a bad process. If you stick with that strategy over the long term, you’ll be a loser.
That’s what I mean when I talk about process versus outcome. You can’t make decisions based on what you want the outcome to be.
Bad processes can produce good outcomes on occasion. But the best long-term performers in trading all emphasize process over outcome.
Trend following is a time-tested, disciplined process specifically designed to bring about more gains than losses over the long run.
But that doesn’t mean all our trades will be winners.
- How To Trade Our Research
- How do I remove my subscription from automatic renewal?
- How do I unsubscribe?
- What is my refund policy?
- How can I the find the expiration date of my subscription?
- Who is Bill Bonner?
- When will I be charged for automatic renewal?
- Does my subscription come with an automatic renewal option?
- How and when will my money be returned to me?
- What is the 5 Minute Forecast?
If you are having trouble and cannot find the information you are looking for, please contact us and we will respond as soon as possible.Contact Us
Each of our publications are delivered at different times. View when you can expect each of our publications to be delivered to you.View Publishing Schedule
- About Agora Financial
- Agora Financial Reserve Memberships
- Credit Card Statement Information
- Emails from Agora Financial
- Exchanges (Coinbase & Bittrex)
- Frequent Investment Questions
- Fund Transfers
- General Crypto Questions
- Getting Started with my Subscription
- My Account Information
- My Privacy
- Need More Help?
- Orders and Payments
- Publications and Editors
- Refund Policies
- Subscription Renewal
- Using the Website
- Wallets (Trezor)