How do I open an options trading account?
For this service, you’ll need what’s called a “Level 2 options account.” For this, you’ll need to fill out a quick three- or four-page form that your broker will provide you.
If you call up your broker’s customer service line or email them, they’ll provide you with an option account application form. It will ask a few questions about your financial situation, investment background and interests.
Be sure to check the boxes that say “buying calls and puts.”
Once you submit this form, your broker will typically give you approval within two or three days.
For more information on options investing, click here to view our primer.
- How To Trade Our Research
- How do I remove my subscription from automatic renewal?
- How do I unsubscribe?
- What is my refund policy?
- How can I the find the expiration date of my subscription?
- How and when will my money be returned to me?
- When will I be charged for automatic renewal?
- What is the 5 Minute Forecast?
- Who is Bill Bonner?
- What is Jim Rickards' Strategic Intelligence?
If you are having trouble and cannot find the information you are looking for, please contact us and we will respond as soon as possible.Contact Us
Each of our publications are delivered at different times. View when you can expect each of our publications to be delivered to you.View Publishing Schedule
- About Agora Financial
- Agora Financial Reserve Memberships
- Credit Card Statement Information
- Emails from Agora Financial
- Exchanges (Coinbase & Bittrex)
- Frequent Investment Questions
- Fund Transfers
- General Crypto Questions
- Getting Started with my Subscription
- My Account Information
- My Privacy
- Need More Help?
- Orders and Payments
- Publications and Editors
- Refund Policies
- Subscription Renewal
- Using the Website
- Wallets (Trezor)