How do I open an options trading account?
For this service, you’ll need what’s called a “Level 2 options account.” For this, you’ll need to fill out a quick three- or four-page form that your broker will provide you.
If you call up your broker’s customer service line or email them, they’ll provide you with an option account application form. It will ask a few questions about your financial situation, investment background and interests.
Be sure to check the boxes that say “buying calls and puts.”
Once you submit this form, your broker will typically give you approval within two or three days.
For more information on options investing, click here to view our primer.
- How do I log in?
- How do I find what subscriptions I’m currently subscribed to?
- Who is Bill Bonner?
- How do I unsubscribe?
- My ISP (Internet Service Provider) is asking for your IP addresses? Why do they need them?
- What is the 5 Minute Forecast?
- What is Lifetime Income Report?
- I have a Comcast email address. How do I add your email address to my safe senders list?
- How do I remove my subscription from automatic renewal?
- Who is Ray Blanco?
- About Agora Financial
- Agora Financial Reserve Memberships
- Credit Card Statement Information
- Emails from Agora Financial
- Exchanges (Coinbase & Bittrex)
- Frequent Investment Questions
- Fund Transfers
- General Crypto Questions
- Getting Started with my Subscription
- My Account Information
- My Privacy
- Need More Help?
- Orders and Payments
- Publications and Editors
- Refund Policies
- Subscription Renewal
- Using the Website
- Wallets (Trezor)