Do I have to hold options until they expire?
You can buy or sell an option whenever you want at its current premium, or market price — just as with any stock. When at option expires in the money, it will automatically be exercised by your broker. Theoretically, you can then sell your stock for the intrinsic value that your option had when it expired, less any commissions and exercise fees.
When you write an option by selling it short, you can be assigned if a buyer decides to exercise his option. Traders who are assigned are obligated to buy or sell shares of the underlying stock based on the option’s strike price. If the contract that you write is not assigned, it will expire worthless. This means we get to keep our income and no longer have any obligation to buy or sell shares.
Zach has put together a great options basics cheat sheet that you can read here.
- How To Trade Our Research
- How do I remove my subscription from automatic renewal?
- How do I unsubscribe?
- What is my refund policy?
- How can I the find the expiration date of my subscription?
- Does my subscription come with an automatic renewal option?
- When will I be charged for automatic renewal?
- Who is Bill Bonner?
- What is the 5 Minute Forecast?
- How and when will my money be returned to me?
If you are having trouble and cannot find the information you are looking for, please contact us and we will respond as soon as possible.Contact Us
Each of our publications are delivered at different times. View when you can expect each of our publications to be delivered to you.View Publishing Schedule
- About Agora Financial
- Agora Financial Reserve Memberships
- Credit Card Statement Information
- Emails from Agora Financial
- Exchanges (Coinbase & Bittrex)
- Frequent Investment Questions
- Fund Transfers
- General Crypto Questions
- Getting Started with my Subscription
- My Account Information
- My Privacy
- Need More Help?
- Orders and Payments
- Publications and Editors
- Refund Policies
- Subscription Renewal
- Using the Website
- Wallets (Trezor)